Update: March 23, 2020
Due to current news from market participants, maincubes would like to inform that there are currently no plans to prohibit customers from entering the data centres.
However, for the protection of everyone, we would like to ask that only absolutely necessary visits be made and that the number of persons be kept to a minimum.
Status: March 19, 2020
maincubes is responding to the Covid-19 pandemic by continuously adapting to the dynamically changing circumstances with the goal of minimizing potential impacts. Daily situation assessments are helping maincubes to handle the Coronavirus issue with the necessary sensitivity. They are all based on generally accepted principles of risk assessment and operations planning.
As a European data center operator, forward-looking emergency planning, including planning for epidemic and pandemic risk scenarios, is an integral aspect of our risk management system at maincubes. Our integrated approach to operations management and our business continuity plan allow our business units to maintain maximum possible operational reliability for our customers in an emergency.
Our number one priority is the safety of our employees and customers. With that aim in mind we are monitoring and assessing the situation on a daily basis, coordinating appropriate measures and keeping employees throughout the entire organization informed.
The maincubes management
- is meeting daily and keeping employees updated on the latest situation developments;
- is ensuring that all business units in all countries where we have operations comply with official directives, and supplementing them with own instructions;
- is agreeing and implementing appropriate preventive measures which reflect the development of the situation.
We are providing employees with regular updates via internal communication channels and the local management teams. We are promptly publishing all new information about preventive measures to protect our employees and other people against infection.
All maincubes personnel were requested several weeks ago to observe strict hygiene rules when interacting with colleagues and business associates. These rules also apply to the private environment, to the extent that this can be influenced by maincubes.
All maincubes employees with administrative functions are currently working on a home office basis. All employee travel has been suspended.
The maincubes management is coordinating the implementation of our existing (emergency) business continuity plan, which is being adapted to the specific local situations and closely monitored so that immediate action can be taken if needed.
Our local management teams at the data centers are managing their operations to ensure a seamless experience for our customers. When appropriate they are implementing emergency plans – including pandemic business plans – and taking suitable preventive measures.
These measures include the following:
- Employees at all maincubes sites with operations-related roles have been requested to perform their work in accordance with risk management principles.
- Core suppliers have been requested to also implement appropriate measures.
- We are in contact with the local authorities.
- Visits and meetings at the data centers have all been cancelled by maincubes and substituted with telephone conferences / calls.
Our employees can always contact us with their questions via the usual channels.
We are asking our customers and business partners for their understanding and cooperation in this unprecedented situation.